§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
1. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses and your user behavior.
2. Controller according to Art. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is OCTAVE Audio, Inh. Andreas Hofmann, Reutaeckerstr. 5, 76307 Karlsbad, Phone: + 49 0 72 48 / 32 78, Fax: + 49 0 72 48 / 32 79, E-Mail: email@example.com (see our imprint).
§ 2 Legal basis for data processing
In order to present our website to you and to offer you our services, we process personal data on the basis of the following legal bases:
1. on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR)
2. for the fulfillment of contracts (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR)
3. on the basis of a balancing of interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR)
4. for the fulfillment of a legal obligation (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR)
We will refer to the relevant terminology in connection with the respective processing so that you can classify on what basis we process your personal data.
§ 3 Your rights
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
1. Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You have the right of access to the personal data concerning you. You can contact us for information at any time. In the case of a request for information that is not made in writing, we ask for your understanding that we may require proof from you that you are the person you claim to be.
2. Right to rectification or erasure (Art. 16 and Art. 17 GDPR): You have a right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, insofar as you are entitled to this by law. We erase personal data in principle only when there is no need for further storage. A requirement may exist in particular if the personal data is still needed to fulfill contractual services, to check and grant or defend against warranty and, if applicable, guarantee claims. In the case of statutory retention obligations, erasure only comes into consideration after the expiry of the respective retention obligation.
3. Right to restrict processing (Art. 18 GDPR): You have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data to the extent that you are entitled to do so by law.
4. Right to notification (Art. 19 GDPR): If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right against the controller to be informed about these recipients.
5. Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transfer this personal data to another controller without hindrance by the controller to whom the personal data was provided, to the extent that you are entitled to do so by law.
6. Objection to the processing of your personal data (Art. 21 GDPR):
a) If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you may revoke this consent at any time. The processing of your personal data until your revocation, however, remains effective.
c) You can notify us of your objection via the contact details in § 1 number 2.
7. Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, workplace or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that our processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR. The supervisory authority to which the complaint is submitted will inform the complainant of the status and outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Art. 78 GDPR.
§ 4 Cookie banner
1. we use a cookie banner on our website to inform you about the technologies we use on our website and to obtain, manage and document your consent to the processing of your personal data by these technologies. This is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. c GDPR to fulfill our legal obligation pursuant to Art. 7 para. 1 GDPR to be able to prove your consent to the processing of your personal data, to which we are subject.
2. after your indication, within the cookie banner on our website, your browser stores our "cookie banner" cookie, which contains the information about your consents, date and time of consent. You can freely adjust your settings and consent at any time via the privacy settings on our website.
3. your personal data will be deleted after twelve months, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR or we reserve the right to use data beyond this, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this statement.
§ 5 Cookies
1. In order to make the visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies. Cookies are small text files that are automatically stored on your terminal device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted at the end of the browser session, i.e. after you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal device and allow us to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies).
3. the duration of the storage of individual cookies can be found in the overview of the privacy settings on our website and additionally in the cookie settings of your browser.
4. you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide on their acceptance individually or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings.
5. in the privacy settings on our website you will be informed about the technical and actual names of the individual cookies that can be used in on our website. You will be informed which cookie is currently active and being used. You will also be informed of the category of cookies to which the individual cookies that can be used belong. Furthermore, you will be informed in a brief description of how the individual cookies work. You will be informed in the short description what the cookie "does".
6. in the privacy settings on our website, you can make your personal settings for optional cookies and adjust and/or revoke your respective consent. You can turn on or off all optional cookies according to your preferences. You can revoke your consent to the setting of and access to optional cookies and the associated data processing at any time. You can object to the use of technically necessary cookies at any time by making the appropriate settings in your browser that prevent the setting of cookies by our website. Please note that in this case, proper display and function of our website may no longer be possible.
§ 6 Scope of data collection and data storage for purely informational use
1. during the purely informational use of our website, we do not collect any personal data with the exception of the data that your browser transmits to us to enable you to visit our website. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security: IP address, date and time of the request, time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), content of the request (specific page), access status/HTTP status code, amount of data transferred in each case, the Internet page from which the request came, browser, operating system and its interface and the language and version of the browser software. This personal data does not allow us to draw any conclusions about your person (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR). The personal data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the collection of personal data for the provision of our website, this is the case when the respective session has ended. The transmission of the aforementioned personal data is not required by law. Without this personal data, you would not be able to establish a connection to our website.
§ 7 Collection, processing, use and disclosure of personal data
1. in addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
2. when you contact us by e-mail or via our contact form, the e-mail address you provide and, if you so indicate, your name, address, the type of inquiry indicated, and your message will be stored by us in order to answer your questions and messages. All this information is voluntary. However, it makes sense that you at least provide us with your e-mail address so that we can reply to you. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail or via the contact form is Art. 6 para 1 lit. b GDPR. The data will be deleted, or we will restrict processing if there are legal retention obligations or as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. In our experience, inquiries about our products are not exhausted in an e-mail. On the contrary, correspondence with interested users extends over an average period of six months. In this respect, we delete your message after a period of six months following our reply to your last e-mail.
The transmission of the aforementioned personal data is not required by law. Without this personal data, we cannot reply to you.
§ 8 Data security
We maintain current technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from risks during data transmissions and from third parties gaining knowledge. These are adapted to the current state of the art in each case. Your personal data is transmitted over the Internet in encrypted form using SSL encryption. We secure our website and other systems by technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
§ 9 Repetition of the declaration of consent given, if applicable
You may have expressly given us the following consent. We have logged these consents. According to the Telemedia Act (TMG), we are obliged to keep the content of consents available for retrieval at all times. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
Permission for e-mail advertising
I would like to subscribe to the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can access our data protection information here.
§ 10 Newsletter
1. with your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers.
2. for the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one week. In addition, we store your respective IP addresses used and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
3. the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. After your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
4. your e-mail address will be stored as long as you receive our newsletter. After you have unsubscribed from our newsletter will be deleted after one week.
5. you can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details provided in the imprint.
6. to send our e-mail newsletter, we use a service of CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Schafjückenweg 2, 26180 Rastede. We have concluded an order processing agreement with this company in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR.
The transmission of the aforementioned personal data is not required by law. Without this personal data, we cannot send you a newsletter.
Status: March 2021